Tuesday, September 13, 2011

The Rugby World Cup - this account of the World Cup was written before the opening last week by Shivaansh

On Friday the whole world will be watching the opening ceremony of the rugby world cup.  The main partners are Emirates, ANZ, Mastercard and Toshiba.  There are going to be 20 teams, 48 games, 4 pools and one winning team. 
Lucky me!  My family and I are going to Fiji vs Samoa at Eden Park.  I am going to support New Zealand and Fiji because my family comes from Fiji, and Indo-Fiji is my background, but I’m a Kiwi so go All Blacks!
At school I have been given team ‘Ireland’.  When I told my Dad he said, “Ireland is ranked 19th best team.”

Lots of people are travelling to New Zealand for the games.  There is a cool website for buying tickets and learning about the teams.  I love the new way of ending the International Olympics.  I mostly loved the Commonwealth Games Ending Ceremony in New Delhi, India.
I hope we win.  Here is a secret between you and me, the next rugby world cup games will be held in England and then Japan.  

5 comments:

Leilani said...

Go All Blacks and Samoa!!! I only saw a little bit of the opening ceromony on tv. If Fiji wins then it's cool but if Samoa wins I'll be really happy. Did you see the fireworks? They were so colourful, bright and beautiful. It was cool. I still don't want to go to one match but if I really have to then I will. I try to not show that I don't want to go because I think that he thinks I am looking ford to RUGBY WORLD CUP 2011. But I'll have to go sometime.

Shivaansh said...

Thank for the comment.

The fireworks were cool they told NZ that it might be the biggest fireworks in the universe. I liked the opening ceromony.

But the fireworks weren't that noisy and do you not like the RWC?

But thanks for the comment!
Bye!

Aiesha from C1 said...

Go all blacks lose tonga. If fiji wins I will be exited and happy. I went to eden park to see the game. It was very fun my family loves the fireworks. The bad bits were when they sole fake tickits and were pulling the emergency button when their wasn't a emergency.I want all blacks to win on Friday 16 september. Did you see the game. Was it fun and cool what was your fovourite. Were their awesome bits how was the game. I had fun their.

Shivaansh said...

I liked the opening cermony and fireworks. That night my cousin was complianing about us screaming and stuff.

I thought the game was really wicked and next sunday I'm going to the Fiji vs Samoa.

do like rugby Aiesha?

To: Aiesha

Nancy from C1 said...

I think you like the fireworks Aiesha but I am sad because I didn't go to see the game and the fireworks.Do you think you can play rugby?I don't.